This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
What personal information about users do we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you.
We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Information You Provide to Us – We receive and store information you enter on our website. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as registration; in order for you to use SuperNotecard you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require your email address.
- Automatic Information – We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. We may also display the total times that page has been viewed. This includes member profile pages.
What about cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. SuperNotecard cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
How we use the information we collect
Mindola uses this information in the following ways:
To provide and enhance our service – Mindola uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of our service. For our integrated services, such as Google Classroom, Mindola uses the classroom details and related student information to give teachers administrative access to their students’ SuperNotecard projects and give related students access to writing tools and features in SuperNotecard.
To communicate with you – We use your information to communicate with you about your account and respond to inquiries.
To understand, improve, and develop our service – Mindola uses all of the information that you provide or that we collect from users to understand and analyze the usage trends, behaviors, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Processing Regulations (“GDPR”), we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These legal bases include where:
- The processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our Terms of Service or other contracts with you (such as to provide you the service as described in our Terms of Service);
- You have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes or other purposes we obtain your consent for from time to time);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the service, marketing the service, such as new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
If you have any questions about or would like further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
How Mindola shares or transfers data
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. The type or identity of third parties to which Mindola Software discloses personal information, and the purposes for which it does so is listed below:
Mindola Software Customer Support – may have access to user information while carrying out their duties in the normal course of business.
Business Transfers – In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
Protection of Mindola and Others – We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Mindola, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Mindola may disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
With Your Consent – Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Is information about me secure?
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information to confirm your identity, and we may require that you create and use a password to access certain parts of our service. You should create and maintain a strong password to help ensure the security of your account.
We try to ensure that our service and information sent to us are safe, but no security measures are perfect.
Mindola uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information and other information we maintain in connection with our service.
We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any or all of the information you transmit to Mindola, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Mindola makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) or similar technologies.
However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and will notify you of the security incident in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
What choices do I have?
Individuals can limit the use and disclosure of their personal data. As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, although you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
You have the right to access your personal data.
You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information About Users Does Mindola Collect?” section above.
You may request deletion of your SuperNotecard account by emailing us.
As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
Conditions of use